Portage Learning Study Buddies

Posted
by Future MSN Member Student Pre-Student

Specializes in Public Health Science. Has 3 years experience.

Hello,

My name is Mindy. I have a bachelors from UCI. I decided to become a nurse after contemplating medical school. I am currently taking pre-requisite courses to apply to a Direct Entry MSN program. Anyone taking pre-requisites at Portage Learning, want to connect and be study buddies for support and encouragement? I am taking biology, Microbiology, statistics, and Chemistry. I can be messaged through this platform or reached at the email mindysplace1@gmail.com

Best regards,

Mindy

Hi Mindy!

I will be taking Microbiology and A&P II through Portage! I'd love to be your study buddy :)

txnurstud

Has 17 years experience. 137 Posts

Hello - 

I am a career changer having to retake all pre-req courses for a ADEMSN Midwifery program. Beginning next month, I plan to purchase the following courses through Portage:  General Chem, Organic Chem, Biochemistry, both A&Ps, Micro, College Algebra and Statistis.  

If you can share any of your experiences or study notes, techniques, and tips, I would HIGHLY appreciate it.  

Hopefully in the near future I could join your virtual study buddy / group. ?
 

Future MSN

Specializes in Public Health Science. Has 3 years experience. 95 Posts

5 hours ago, txnurstud said:

Hello - 

I am a career changer having to retake all pre-req courses for a ADEMSN Midwifery program. Beginning next month, I plan to purchase the following courses through Portage:  General Chem, Organic Chem, Biochemistry, both A&Ps, Micro, College Algebra and Statistis.  

If you can share any of your experiences or study notes, techniques, and tips, I would HIGHLY appreciate it.  

Hopefully in the near future I could join your virtual study buddy / group. ?
 

Sure. I would love to help. One thing I can tell you is Portage does not offer O-chem. Let me know what program offers this online if you find out. I will need to take O-chem too. Send me your email so we can connect. 

 

txnurstud

Has 17 years experience. 137 Posts

On 2/25/2021 at 10:43 AM, Future MSN said:

Sure. I would love to help. One thing I can tell you is Portage does not offer O-chem. Let me know what program offers this online if you find out. I will need to take O-chem too. Send me your email so we can connect. 

 

UCSD extension offers O-chem remote course:

https://act.ucsd.edu/scheduleOfClasses/scheduleOfClassesStudentResult.htm?page=6

 

check it out...I believe they have open enrollment for Spring (terms) on March 1st. ?

 

Here’s my email address:  

futurestudent@studentrn2cnm.com

Thanks so much for responding and willing to help!  

 

erikapb

Specializes in DNP Candidate-Psychiatry. Has 1 years experience. 1 Post

@txnurstud - Hi, I am changing careers as well. I was accepted into a DNP program and must complete Microbiology + Lab -- which I just signed up to take thru Portage. 

If you are taking Micro, I'd love to join your study group. I'll drop you an email. 

thanks!

txnurstud

Has 17 years experience. 137 Posts

On 3/8/2021 at 9:15 PM, erikapb said:

@txnurstud - Hi, I am changing careers as well. I was accepted into a DNP program and must complete Microbiology + Lab -- which I just signed up to take thru Portage. 

If you are taking Micro, I'd love to join your study group. I'll drop you an email. 

thanks!

Hello, 

I sent you a response via email.  Where did you get accepted into the DNP program?  The DNP program a Direct Entry program or Alternate Entry program.  Where did you take the other pre-req courses?  

Randomstudent

2 Posts

Hello,

I am also a career changer and would be required to take all the pre req starting with Chem 103 if anyone can help that would be great  

macandarfnnurse2be

Has 5 years experience. 8 Posts

On 2/25/2021 at 11:43 AM, Future MSN said:

Sure. I would love to help. One thing I can tell you is Portage does not offer O-chem. Let me know what program offers this online if you find out. I will need to take O-chem too. Send me your email so we can connect. 

 

Hey! How was micro? How'd you study for the exams? I plan on taking it soon and have to finish it in three months and I'm so scared to purchase because I have no clue what to expect or if I'm even going to pass.